1. N1MM logger program (FREE software), http://www.n1mm.com/ (updates on http://www.kms.nl/n1mm/RevisionHistory.htm).
The N1MM Logger is a freeware program designed to do contest logging and some general logging. It is not a general logging program with award tracking etc. but it is mainly a contest logging program. Check the Features listing.
Important! The usefulness of this program is greatly enhanced by reading the Key Assignments
The Quick Tour is another must read.
These are the Supported Contests and the Supported Radios.
The program can be used on Windows 95/98/ME and on Windows NT/2000/XP. DOS is not supported.
- automatic filling of exchange number (oblast abbreviation) when you work a Russian station
- correct scoring
- Cabrillo output, as required
- the most ergonomic software
- much more :)
2. AALog Contest Module (Free for RDXC). http://www.dxsoft.com/
Features: New version of AALog contest module is available, optimized for the use in a lot of different contests. It can export file in Cabrillo, .SUM and .ALL files, ADIF. To use this program in CW and digital modes you need to use CwType and TrueTTY.
You can download the latest version of programm:
- Enhanced support of RDXC added.
- Accurate distance, beam azimuth, sunrise/sunset time for all russian regions.
- CT compatible master.dta file.
3. WRITELOG for Windows, http://www.writelog.com/.
WriteLog is the premier contest logging software for Microsoft Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000, and XP. It is authored by Wayne Wright, W5XD, and distributed by Ron Stailey, K5DJ.
Latest version of Writelog 10.40 is available:
- automatic filling exchange number (!) when you work a Russian
- distance and antenna's direction
4. TR-LOG by N6TR, http://www.qth.com/tr/.
TR LOG is a high-performance Amateur Radio contest logging program designed to make the most of your computer during a contest. It is designed so that the process of making and logging contacts is as efficient as possible - so you make more contacts.
TR Log by N6TR ver. 6.57 (the latest) is perfect for this contest and scores everything correctly. Earlier TR Log versions can also be used with some additions to "logcfg.dat" file. You can download these additions for the earlier versions of TR Log here: I2WIJ Website.
5. CT by K1EA, http://www.k1ea.com/.
CT has been the recognized leader in contest logging software since 1985. CT is designed for ease of use, with its primary emphasis on RELIABILITY. Several levels of protection are afforded to ensure that you won't lose your contest log in the heat of battle.
CT directly interfaces with the following radios (other radios may also work with CT, follow this link for more information):
6. SW by HA1AH (FREE), http://karc.poliod.hu/ha1ah/.
Based on his long experience with contesting specific programming HA1AH Tibor is busy with developing a free contesting SW. The program aims to overcome most problems of contesting SW's like the platform dependence, serial numbering, interfacing etc. Tibor has implemented the Russian DX and the ARRL DX Contests. The feature list is long, and a free SW can be downloaded from http://karc.poliod.hu/ha1ah/.
The HA1AH Contest Software is a graphical logging program for radio amateurs. It is a java program and can run on Windows 95, 98, NT4, 2000, XP and Linux.
To run the software you need to install the Java Runtime Environment 1.4.
The current version of the software supports the following contests:
- CQ WW DX
- CQ WW WPX
- HA DX
- ARRL DX for K/VE stations
- ARRL DX for Non-K/VE stations
- Russian DX for Russian stations
- Russian DX for Non-Russian Stations
I will add continuously new contests. Please check regularly the home page.
- Network over LAN or/and serial ports
- Use of packet radio and Internet telnet clusters
- Very good automatic multiplier recognition of cluster spots
- Use of master.dta file for searching callsign partials
- Use of own database for recognition US states and canadian provinces
- Real-time summary and multiplier counting
- Fullscreen mode
- Sending CW signals to radio, PTT support
- Automatic callsign extension
- Merge of multiple data files
- Log files in Cabrillo and human readable formats
- User customized colors and font sizes
- Export/import of ADIF files
- Record operator's voice and send it to the radio
- Change and administrate operator Feel free to communicate that this SW is available and testing, suggestions, fault reporting or any kind of feedback is very welcome. He also tries to imlement SO2R before the RusDX.
7. RCKLog, http://www.rcklog.de/
Latest version 1.39 (31 January of 2004) is available.
RCKLog is a feature-rich program providing maximum data security for your log. It is designed for single-operator to multi-multi contest stations.
RCKLog is a comprehensible program for logging and administration of SSB and CW-Contest with simultaneous control of transceiver and real-time operation of Packet-Radio. RCKLog support full contest mode with maintain maximum data security. RCKLog runs under Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP A minimum PC speed of 300 Hz and screen resolution of 1024x768 is recommended, although slower PC's will also work.
RCKLog for Windows incorporates many advanced features that create the ultimate contesting tool for novice and expert alike. It is a powerful contest logging program for every ham, from single-operator to multi-multi.RCKLog is designed for ease of use, with its primary emphasis on reliability.
The process of working and logging contacts is as streamlined and efficient as possible - so you make more contacts.